Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Summer Faculty Show at RISD

I decided to participate in RISDs' Summer Faculty Exhibit at the Woods Gerry Gallery this year. I included the Biopsy Brooches that I had made shortly after graduation. I also had an image printed of the brooches on the body, in order to visually explain the pieces a little better. I really like having the work hung on the wall, it makes the pieces seem less like jewelry and more like an organic entity.

The installation of the show looked good, if not a little heavy on the painting and 2D works. Actually, I was the only jeweler to include pieces in the show! The Woods Gerry Gallery is a beautiful gallery space located in an old house on campus, and I encourage everyone to go check it out... this show is the perfect excuse!


No comments:

Post a Comment